It is hard to believe that summer has come to an end. Moms, start out the first routine day of the semester with this fresh new family-loving dinner recipe! Don’t be intimidated by it’s homemade attributes; it is super simple without being time consuming. Plus, it is extremely nutritious! Have fun with this, and be creative when it comes to the toppings! Let’s begin.
Wild Rice Pizza Crust (super easy and tasty!)
What You’ll Need:
1/2 tsp coconut oil, butter, ghee or oil of choice
1 cup cooked long grain wild rice (or brown rice)
2 tsp flax seed meal (or replace with flour of your choice)
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg white
1/4 tsp honey or a dash of stevia, optional
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp water
Topping of Choice
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Place small non-stick skillet (or oven proof frying pan) in oven with coconut oil/butter until melted. Dont let it smoke and burn!
2. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to a blender or a food processor. Blend for 20-30 seconds. The rice mixture should have a thick batter consistency. If too thick, add a 1/2 tbsp of water at at time until consistency is reached.
3. Remove hot pan carefully from the oven (be careful not the burn yourself on hot handle!) and add rice batter to the pan and spread evenly. Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes, or until browned on the bottom and slightly crisp. Remove from oven again (using oven mitts with hot pan!) and flip over, then cook for another 13-15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and add your favorite pizza toppings. Bake for another 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted (if using cheese) or until toppings are heated and crust is crispy.
5. Using a spatula, slide crust out of pan, slice and enjoy!
*Makes one pizza crust
Hey! We want to hear how it went. Share your favorite toppings by commenting below!