With the holidays around the corner, wintery girls’ nights on the calendar, and football game get-togethers in need of a sweet snack, I couldn’t help but share with you all the cutest and most genius dessert recipe. It will not only quench your craving for something sweet (did I mention this recipe is only sweetened by fruit?), but it will bring you back to the little days when you cleaned off the mixer spoons as your mom was baking!
Check out this awesome creation concocted by Chocolate Covered Katie. You will never believe the ingredients!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 T plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T)
- 1 and 1/4 cup pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
- 2 T oats (You can omit)
- nondairy milk as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few T.)
In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor and blend until very smooth. And, that’s it. Simple enough, right? Now serve it in a super cutesy dish or tall ice cream mug and top it with a mini spoon. Ta-Da!