My husband and I had an early trip back from Atlanta this past week, and his temptation for the random fast food splurge looked extra good even though we live on kale from our garden, cauliflower rice, and turkey burgers. One of my favorite things to do is figure out a way to make an unhealthy food option homemade and even more delicious than a breakfast goodie stuffed in a McDonald’s bag. This is Jason’s new favorite breakfast — keep scrolling for the recipe!
Ingredients (all purchased at Whole Foods)
*Rudi’s Organic Whole Wheat English Muffins
*Applegate Naturals Cheddar Cheese Strips
*Uncured Turkey Bacon
*Salt and Pepper
Directions (makes one):
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
2. Get out a small pan (I used a circular cake pan). Line the pan with foil.
3. Cut an english muffin in half and place both open ends of the english muffin on foil.
4. Spread coconut oil on each side of the english muffin like you would with butter.
5. Place a sheet of cheddar cheese on one open side of english muffin to prepare for the final bake.
6. Now put two strips of turkey bacon on a skillet. Put temperature on medium. I like to pepper the bacon. Cook desired amount (I like it extra crispy).
7. Place the cooked turkey bacon on top of the cheddar cheese side of the english muffin.
8. In the same skillet, spray coconut spray to prepare surface.
9. Scramble two eggs. Add salt and pepper to add flavor.
10. Place the finished eggs on top of the bacon.
11. Put the pan with all prepared items into the oven for about 7-10 minutes.
12. Serve and enjoy!