Worship Song On Repeat

1024 683 Melissa Mayer

There is something so powerful, beautiful, and truth-filled about worship music that makes listening to it a real spiritual experience and we thank God for that! We have talked about our love for worship music on the blog before by sharing our Spotify playlist + including lyrics to songs in our faith posts. Today we want to discuss one of our favorite worship artists as of late: Will Reagan of United Pursuit. His latest album, Tell All My Friends, is currently on repeat, but there is one song by him in particular that has been causing me to pause and really meditate over the lyrics and that is a track titled “Nothing I Hold To“.  Turn it on ASAP and read our thoughts below!

“I lean not on my understanding,
my life is in the hands of the Maker of heaven”

Proverbs 3:5-6 immediately comes to my mind when I hear those lyrics. No matter how many times I hear this truth and read this promise, I am just forever blown away by how awesome it is that we have the Maker of everything- heaven and earth- in constant care of and control of our lives, enabling us to be free from having to rely on our own limited understanding. Thank you, Jesus!

“I give it all to you God, trusting that you’ll make something beautiful out of me”

Giving it all and then trusting. Trust, trust, trust! As Isaiah 64:8 reminds us, we are the clay and He is the potter. We are His work and He is forever working on us and refining us to be the beautiful masterpieces that he designed us to be. It is by surrendering our lives to Him through trust that we reap the fruits of His promises to us.

“I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open”

What a beautiful picture this is. May we all take each day as an opportunity to climb the mountains, go through the valleys, and journey through life with hands wide open- available and ready for whatever He calls us into, guides us out of, and leads us through. Even though it sounds scary not to hold on to anything, that is actually the best way. Our hands can be open as we stay close to Him, since he enables us and strengthen us through any circumstance that we will ever go through.

Are there any worship songs that are especially speaking to you right now? We would love to know in the comments below. And thank you, Will Reagan (and all other worship music artists) for writing such incredibly beautiful and true lyrics about the good Lord that speak right to the heart of His children!

images by Felicia Lasala

THE OUTFIT (c/o)

dress | sunnies | bag | shoes

8 comments
  • Kim Bishop

LOVE this post, Lo! Beautiful as always! I was chatting with Knox’s teacher about having hands wide open just yesterday. She told me to watch Beth Moore’s story about ‘Brush Your Hair’! Thanks for fueling me even more to brush that hair!!!!! XOXO

• Katie Love

Oh I cannot wait to listen!!! I heard a tiny bit and love it already. We will be listening on the way to school this am. Thank you for this beautiful post. I love how you lean on His word AND how you faithfully share it with others. It’s truly lovely to share His love, grace and mercy with others….such a privilege and blessing. Have the best day!

• Karla

Good morning,

Thank you for sharing your faith and your love for God. You always inspire me! I want to ask you if you can recommend Christian music for teenagers. I want them to listen to beautiful music, not what is heard today, but with a modern rhythm. If you can suggest a band or Spotify playlist, I’ll thank you very much.

Karla

• Maria

Thank you so much for this post. I am currently going through a period where I’m not sure if I will be completing my Master’s degree on time or at all. I have a year left to complete and so far every student loan that I have tried taking out had been rejected. I’m currently waiting for an answer from the last application. I don’t know if on Monday I’ll be walking in to my classes or to freeze my classes. I have been praying for a blessing and listening to worship music to calm me down. I have faith that everything will work out, but I still have a knot in my stomach at times.

• Sarah

Yes! Thank you! I recently lost it in worship to this song because I found a cover of it on YouTube. It was a familiar worship song from the past but one that was renewed given the time that had passed since I last heard it (yearrrs) & my new life experiences requiring trust. Another worship song (yet newer) I’ve been blessed with is Upper Room’s “Defender”. I just found your blog Lauren, nice to find you!

• George Rector

I appreciate your leadership and wish to say thanks for all you do in this area.
    A relatively old, Southern gospel song I like is Donna Fargo’s “You Can’t Be a Beacon (If Your Light Don’t Shine).” The last verse says, “There’s a little light in all of us by God’s design, and you can be a beacon if you let it shine.”