Hey friends! You know those conversations that you have with girlfriends about random facts/interesting things that you have learned? Melis and I have these chats frequently, especially about all things wellness, so we want to share these tidbits of info with you! Below is a list of 10 facts that we are calling wellness notes. Enjoy! Be sure to make it to the end of the post too, because we are sharing an exciting announcement about a new LSK project related to getting regular access to wellness information! xx
1. Olive oil is not good to cook with at hot temperatures, so in dishes on the stove or in the oven. Instead, use it on top of salads and pasta, but cook with ghee or avocado oil or coconut oil on heat.
2. Not feeling great, have a headache, or feel sluggish? Try just drinking water!! We forget how powerful water is sometimes.
3. No need to always invest in a pricey hair mask- just use coconut oil!
4. Witch hazel is a great toxin-free toner- the Thayers brand is a great one and not that expensive.
5. A drop or two of oil of oregano under the tongue in the morning and night is so beneficial when you feel a cold coming on!
6. NSAIDs for pain relief (Advil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Aleve, Motrin, etc) actually destroy your gut. Yikes! Read this article for more information.
7. Swiffers score super poorly on EWG’s site- trying using a duster that you can wash & reuse and is made with a toxin-free material.
8. Grounding (or walking outside barefoot) is so beneficial for our health- it lowers free radical damage, stress, inflammation, and pain! It has been so easy to become germ obsessed in our day today, but a little dirtiness is so positive for our immune system.
9. Not every adaptogen is suitable for each person. It’s important to use the ones that are beneficial to your specific needs + make sure it comes from a trustworthy source. So at places such as Moon Juice or other juice/smoothie bars that offer adaptogenic drinks, be sure to do your research first, rather than assuming they will all benefit your body! You want to avoid inflammation at all costs.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar is made from apple cider that has undergone fermentation to form health-promoting probiotics and enzymes. It has endless health benefits! I love taking a shot of this diluted in some water every morning. It helps a lot with allergies too!
Time for the announcement! We are so excited to share the news that we are working on a bi-monthly email for LSK email subscribers. These emails will include exclusive information on wellness practices we believe in, information from wellness gurus who we admire, brand profiles on toxin-free brands that we love, and so much more. Also, there might be some giveaways happening too, exclusive to email subscribers! We will keep you posted on the timing of this email series, but in the meantime be sure you are signed up for emails. It will totally be worth it! You can easily sign up by navigating to the homepage and then you will see the sign-up box on the righthand side.
*With all wellness tips, please consult a doctor before trying them. What works well for us, might not work well for you!
images by felicia lasala