Although this time is full of struggle, re-adjusting, loss, learning to homeschool, and bits of frustration or maybe even fear, there are positive ways we can support each other! This time has reinstalled a sense of camaraderie and community. Do y’all agree? Many are serving more than they ever have. It’s a beautiful silver lining to this pandemic. When loneliness sets in, I encourage you to check in on someone else or send a thoughtful note or gift to a loved one; I guarantee it will bring you joy and will only bring comfort to others!
Here on the blog, we’ve implemented a new series of talks on Thinking Bigger. Last week we touched on How Simplicity Changes Everything, and this week I wanted to talk about serving others and supporting small businesses – A topic that has really been on my heart and surprisingly, has also helped me process during this time.
My family lives in Dallas; we are so close, and it was really tough to cancel the trips we had planned to see each other, not knowing when the safe next time will be. One way that has helped me feel so connected is by sending them presents that remind me of them or fun little things for my sweet nieces! And all the while, I order the items from small businesses. You bring a company joy while sending joy to someone you love, and it doesn’t have to be big!
Another long-winded, yet rewarding project we have been diving into is all things home and finishing the furnishing process! With the intension of supporting small businesses, I feel like I have entered an entirely new world of discovering some incredible companies! It makes the purchase that was on the to-do feel much more purposeful.
- Create your neighbor a bouquet of flowers from the backyard.
- Write a note to someone you are grateful for.
- Call your grandma.
- Give to a charity that provides meals to others during this time.
- Cook a meal or cookies and deliver it to someone it would help.
- Send a bottle of wine from here (it’s organic and biodynamic and delicious!)
- A toy for your friend’s puppy from here, here, or here.
- Send something cute from here.
- This Box of Sunshine that gives 100% of proceeds to Baby2Baby.
- The cutest organic clothes for kids.
- For new mamas.
- Healthy products from here.
For the Home
- I just got this little vase, mini lamp, and marble counter pedestal (inspo from Ashley Kane).
- These pretty water glasses.
- European linen pool towels for such an affordable price!
- A healthy way to keep the bugs away outside!
- Rugs from here or here!
- Something pretty from here.
To follow along with items I’m getting my hands on, or to see how I’m constantly learning and processing throughout this time, stay up to date on my Instagram. x
How can you serve and support others during this time? Jot down a few ideas and try to implement one this week!